The unit of Delinquency Prevention and Reintegration is in charge of:
1. Planning and coordinating a variety of delinquency prevention programs:
• Organize and create the parental engagement forums,
• Implement a social marketing campaign focusing the community on the importance of parental engagement in delinquency prevention,
• Work with public, private and non-profit agencies to expand jobs programs for vulnerable youth in the community.
2. Planning and scheduling reviews of National Rehabilitation Service care and other delinquency prevention programs:
• Maintain current records on juveniles placed in state care.
• Maintains files of delinquency prevention program documents, of NRS care documents, and other departmental documents and records.
• Maintains National Rehabilitation service care files and attendance record files for delinquency prevention programs
3. Conducting delinquency prevention programs at various Level of the country
• Support efforts to reduce delinquency and recidivism through collaboration with local, community groups, associations, law enforcement agencies and other collaborating organizations
• Refer juveniles to community agencies, like settlement family, child guidance clinics, and health clinics, for mental, physical and social rehabilitation.
This unit is in charge of following up on the reintegration process of former delinquents, mainly:
· Enhance understanding of the returns and reintegration processes on the ground in Districts;
· Evaluation of impact on the ground for target beneficiaries through effective implementation of the reintegration policy;
· Strengthen strategic partnerships and coordination on returns, recovery and reintegration in Districts;
· Ensure effective documentation, taking note of best practices and lessons learned in the reintegration process;
· Support dissemination and application of knowledge, best practices and programmes related to the reintegration of former delinquents;
· Results for advocacy, resource mobilization, learning and practice development;
· Identification of areas of support and interventions within the reintegration thematic area;
· Establish and maintain partnerships with UN Agencies, NGOs, government institutions and civil society organizations and other stakeholders having interventions within the reintegration thematic area.